Monday, June 16, 2014

Me Before You (Book Review)

Title: Me Before You
Author: Jojo Moyes
Publisher: Pamela Dorman Books
Source: Library

Goodreads Summary:
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Thoughts:
I am going to keep my thoughts pretty short and sweet for this review because I don't want to include any spoilers and this is one of those books that is hard to talk about without spoiling it.

I loved this book. I makes you really stop and think about issues that you've either never thought about before or had a definite black-and-white opinion on previously. It actually changed my mind a bit on how I saw some of these issues.

And on top of that there is a lovely story of boy meets girl - how they helped each other, how they made each other see the world in a new light, and ultimately how they effected each other's view of life itself.

Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. I keep seeing this book! It would be great to read this year along with all my other British reading before our trip later in the year. Nudging it higher on my TBR...

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete