Thursday, July 3, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week: Diagon Alley

Hosted by Uncorked Thoughts

Best Shop in Diagon Alley

I am so torn on this one. First I wanted to say Flourish and Blotts because whenever I go to the Muggle mall, my favorite shop is the book store. But this just didn't seem magical enough to be my final choice. My next thought was the Magical Menagerie because I love animals. But if I was shopping there, I would end up owning too many animals. So then I came up with my final choice: Ollivander's.

I have been to a number of Harry Potter conventions and I love (and always spend way to much money in) the vendor rooms where they sell all sorts of wonderful things. My favorite stand there is the wand shop. And actually one of my favorite things about conventions is seeing everyone carrying around wands like its normal. It makes Harry Potter seem so real to me in those moments. So the wand shop will always hold a very special place in my heart.

At Aeternitas 2011


3 comments:

  1. Wands are my favorite too, in fact, an official HP wand was one of my first pieces of HP memorabilia! I picked Ollivander's as well because of that ^^ AND because I think in the wizarding world my job would be Wandmaker :D Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love your picture! I love wands, it's what officially makes you a witch :). This was my choice too - love my wand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be in Ollivander's as much as possible myself, even though it's not a shop one visits so often. :D It's really fascinating and would be worth just poking around, maybe see how wands are made if that's in the shop, too. :)

    Good pick!

    ReplyDelete